Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
Xandr operates one of the largest online advertising marketplaces in the world. We receive 9 million requests per second that are auctioned in the blink of an eye, send 40 million requests per second to over 100 integration partners, and process 235K object updates per minute, resulting in 300GB/s of inbound and outbound network flow.
The Platform Engineering Team is responsible for ensuring that our systems are running as efficiently and robustly as possible. At our scale, even the small improvements can result in significant impact to reducing our costs and enhancing the service to our customers.
Xandr is seeking an experienced Mid-level to Senior Software Engineer to join the Platform Engineering Team. You will be joining a specialized team that has deep expertise of our business and our stack (do not worry, we will show you the ropes once you join!). We have two primary goals: (1) reducing the cost of running our business; and (2) enabling application teams to quickly and safely make changes to their applications to meet the needs of our customers. As a company, we are actively migrating some of our services to the public cloud, which will present a whole host of new, exciting challenges!
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys learning new systems and can take a holistic view when solving problems. The online advertising ecosystem is full of complex logic and is composed of multiple components working in concert; performance improvements can be found in multiple areas.
- Proactively identify possible performance improvements to the system, prototype them, and partner with the application teams to deploy them
- Build or configure tools to help application teams understand the performance impact of their changes and identify stability regressions
- Evaluate new hardware and system architectures to determine their viability in meeting or surpassing the needs of the business
- Participate in design discussions with Product Engineering teams about new features that we are building
- 3+ years of experience building software professionally
- Experience using Rust, C/C++ or Golang to build high performance applications, preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience contributing high-quality code to large codebases
- Experience using Linux internals and APIs preferred
- Experience using profiling tools (e.g., perf, strace) preferred
- Experience building capacity models preferred
- Familiarity with lock-free/wait-free data structures and algorithms preferred
More About You
- You are passionate about learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built
- You are focused on finding the root cause of problems, not settling for fixing the symptoms
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
**Please note: We are not currently accepting unsolicited Staffing Agency/Vendor candidates at this time. Xandr / Warner Media / AT&T will not be responsible for any candidates submitted without prior written authorization.**
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.