Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
Responsible for interpreting the requirements of various Big Data Analytic, use cases and scenarios, and driving the design and implementation of specific data models to ultimately help drive better business decisions through insights from a combination of external and AT&T’s/Xandr’s data assets. Accountable for developing the necessary enablers and data platform in a cloud Big Data Environment and has the responsibility of maintaining its integrity during the life cycle phases. Define data requirements, gather and mine large scale of structured and unstructured data, and validate data by running various data tools in the Cloud Big Data Environment. Support the standardization, customization and ad-hoc data analysis, and will develop the mechanisms to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize and clean data. Implement statistical data quality procedures on new data sources, and by applying rigorous iterative data analytics. Supports data scientists in data sourcing and preparation to visualize data and synthesize insights of commercial value. Work with Big Data Policy and Security teams and Legal to create data policy and develop interfaces and retention models which requires synthesizing or anonymizing data. Develop and maintain data engineering best practices and contribute to Insights on data analytics and visualization concepts, methods and techniques. Object oriented programming language using Scala, SQL, Python, Pyspark, other programming.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks as required and requested.
- Gather and process raw data at scale.
- Design and develop data applications using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested.
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate your work into our production systems.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Analyze processed data.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Define data retention policies.
- Collaborate with Engineers on the team to build intuitive products that address the needs of our customers.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure the quality of the products we deliver.
- Mentor more junior engineers on designing robust applications and implementing maintainable code.
- Deliver well-tested, maintainable and robust code.
- 6 – 10 years of recent experience in data engineering and/or software development
- Master’s Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field strongly encouraged
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless execution and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Spark, Scala and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
- Experience in MapReduce is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done.
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.