DescriptionXandr is seeking a bright, highly motivated, and experienced attorney for our legal team. The person in this role will support our privacy and technology teams. In this role, you will work closely with internal clients to promote and support the responsible use of data. You will help the clients navigate legal and business risks and make sound decisions under tight deadlines. You’ll have the opportunity to help enable innovative uses of data in a legally and ethically responsible way and to play a meaningful part in our company’s mission to transform advertising. Please note that this role is based in Richardson, TX or New York, NY.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks. This person is also a creative problem-solver and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and technology, including privacy, data protection, and security. For the right candidate, there will be an opportunity to lead a small, but dedicated team of privacy professionals. This position will be located in New York, New York (Flatiron area) or Richardson, Texas.
About the team:
At Xandr, we make advertising matter. The mission of the Legal team is to serve as a trusted business partner in reinventing advertising. We strive to apply both legal acumen and business judgment to provide sound, practical legal advice to all functions throughout the organization. Our responsibilities run the gamut, so we need to understand the legal issues that affect digital media and advertising. We are energized by the challenges of serving this dynamic, fast-moving part of the broader AT&T family.
Qualifications• JD degree
• 6+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal department
• Prior technology, advertising, data governance, privacy, or data protection experience required
• Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
• Strong work ethic and proven ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
• Ability and desire to work both autonomously and collaboratively
• Licensed to practice law in at least on state, with the ability to gain authorization to practice in New York or Texas, as applicable
More about you:
• You challenge yourself to constantly improve
• You are not satisfied with “good enough”
• You look for novel solutions to complex problems
• You are a problem solver who looks beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here