The Web Services Platform Team is responsible for making service and API development at Xandr faster, more effective, and higher quality. We support the UI and API product development teams by investing in application development frameworks, infrastructure, and tools.
About the job:
About the job:
As a developer on our team you’ll design and implement solutions that are high quality, easy to operate and maintain, and make the lives of product engineers easier. Projects can be in a variety of languages with different operational requirements, so you’ll need to approach problems from a variety of ways.
Projects could include:
- Implementing a service mesh layer to handle discovery and load balancing for microservices
- Improving an API framework so product developers can more quickly get to production
- Replacing a home-grown service router with an off-the-shelf open source system
- Implementing a data service that exposes a GraphQL interface and autoprovisions customer data storage in multiple DCs, world-wide.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional software developer
- Proficiency in Node.js or a systems language like Java
- Experience building and operating SaaS services
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience designing HTTP+JSON APIs a plus
- Experience with docker or Kubernetes a plus
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here