Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
The Web Services Platform team is responsible for making service and API development at Xandr faster, more effective, and higher quality. We support the UI and API product development teams by investing in application development frameworks, infrastructure, and tools.
As a technical leader on our team, you will be responsible for driving all automated test and quality activities. You will strive to detect and fix every bug as close to generation of that bug as possible by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels. You will develop test tools to make testing as efficient as possible. You’ll also help support the applications in production by developing reliability tests and defining service goals. As we develop our own reliability and test capabilities, you’ll help evangelize those to other teams so they can improve their own production services as well.
- Collaborate with the team to develop comprehensive test plans that validate new functionality.
- Develop automated tests and supporting technology alongside software engineers.
- Develop and execute automated tests at all levels, including development time and in production.
- Gather and analyze metrics on operating services to define service level objectives.
- Triage and resolve automated test failures with product engineers directly.
- Build and maintain automated testing, test environments (Kubernetes) and test data.
- Drive adoption of CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment).
- Be a critical participant in the defect management process.
- Evangelize the importance of testing and reliability within Xandr.
- 5-8+ years of experience in software development or automated software testing.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, especially Java or Go.
- Flexibility in working with new or unfamiliar programming languages and frameworks.
- Build and maintain automated testing frameworks and experience with Selenium (or similar automation tools).
- Experience working with continuous integration systems, build process automation and application deployment tools (Jenkins, Concourse, Spinnaker).
- Demonstrated ability to use RESTful APIs, use databases, and develop SQL queries.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and understanding of core Kubernetes concepts (Deployment, Pod, ConfigMap, Secret) a plus.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.