Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
You will be working on the Platform Tools team as an Integration Engineer (IE) which is an entry-level software engineering role. The Platform Tools team enables our global user base to get the most out of the Xandr Platform by creating reliable internal open source tools and APIs that automate and make users more efficient.
Individuals on the team create and contribute by
- Creating solutions for all global Customer Success teams that address shortcomings between the Xandr products and the day to day work that Customer Success needs to provide excellent service to our clients.
- Building reliable and maintainable code following Engineering best practices.
- Documenting solutions.
- When possible, writing code to be "internal opensource" for other teams to make their own contributions.
- Interfacing with existing Engineering or Product teams to collaborate on possible solutions that we may be creating.
The Platform Integrations team also will work with other Integration Engineers on our Platform Integrations team who are the technical owner of essential server-to-server real-time integrations on the Xandr platform.
This role is based in our Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY offices. You can work up to 100% of your time virtually from home.
What a typical day working on the team might look like
You finish creating an API in Python to automate a process that took members of our Client Success team or clients more than 2 hours to complete on their own manually.
You then check your code in via Git to our Bitbucket repository and then open a Pull Request. Someone on our team reviews your code, approves it, and you then merge it to the master branch. Our CI/CD processes then run the tests that you have created alongside your code when you were following Test-Driven Development (TDD) principals, and then builds a Docker image for you with all your changes to the codebase.
Now that you have a built docker image, you then use the Kubernetes to apply your build to our production environment, and then create an internal release note letting folks know about your new tool that saves them time and makes them more efficient in their jobs
Integration Engineers must have solid IT and engineering skills, customer-service mindset, and system-level understanding of how platforms interact with each other. Because each tool or need is unique, it’s essential for the Integration Engineer to be able to learn fast, figure out complex systems with or without documentation, and see how each component serves the needs of Xandr or our clients.
- A quantitatively oriented bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- Proficiency with developing code in Python 3.
- Experience with SQL and the knowledge of RESTful APIs, command line usage.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Versatile, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to see how integrations fit within larger systems.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.