Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
Xandr is seeking a bright, highly motivated and experienced commercial privacy attorney to join our legal team. The person in this role will support our privacy and technology teams as well as commercial sales teams. In this role, you will work closely with internal clients to promote and support Xandr in complex data, privacy and technology issues related to advertising platforms. You will help the clients navigate legal and business risks and make sound decisions under tight deadlines and work with Xandr stakeholders to provide and interpret privacy and data guidance and best practices and ensure that this is implemented in Xandr’s products, contracts, policies and processes. You’ll have the opportunity to help enable innovative uses of data in a legally and ethically responsible way and to play a meaningful part in our company’s mission to transform advertising.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks. This person is also a creative problem-solver and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and technology, including privacy, data protection, and security. This position will be located in London, England or New York, New York.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Xandr in complex data, privacy and technology issues related to advertising platforms.
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to provide and interpret privacy and data guidance and best practices and ensure that this is implemented in Xandr’s products, contracts, policies and processes.
- Research and synthesize information and guidance on new privacy laws and guidance and translate it into tangible, practical legal guidance for the Xandr business.
- Work with external clients to negotiate commercial privacy documentation and other commercial agreements as may be required.
- Work with external stakeholders where assigned in the advertising ecosystem, including external representation with industry groups, regulators, and other external parties to advance the interest of Xandr and respond to regulatory and public policy issues as they relate to data, privacy and technology.
- Developing and contributing to standard contract terms and policies.
- Work autonomously and with outside counsel as needed on privacy projects and initiatives.
- Support BU Attorneys and wider legal team on commercial engagements for the business across multiple regions.
- Form part of Xandr Privacy Pod and actively contribute to Pod Projects and workstreams including responding to DSARs, Privacy RFIs and general privacy enquiries. Attend Privacy Pod team calls.
At Xandr, we make advertising matter. The mission of the Legal team is to serve as a trusted business partner in reinventing advertising. We strive to apply both legal acumen and business judgment to provide sound, practical legal advice to all functions throughout the organization. Our responsibilities run the gamut, so we need to understand the legal issues that affect digital media and advertising. We are energized by the challenges of serving this dynamic, fast-moving part of the broader AT&T family.
- JD degree or equivalent with superior academic credentials
- 6+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department
- Prior technology, advertising, data governance, privacy, or data protection experience required
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Operate with a sense of urgency and efficiency to meet the needs of the business
- Ability and desire to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Passion about data and technology, including privacy, data protection, and security
- If in the United States, member in good standing of at least one state. New York state bar or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York preferred . If London, then a certified qualified solicitor.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- Family Policies
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness
- Travel Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Family Lunch
- Tuition Aid Program