Sr. Manager, Data Science & Analytics
Data Analytics, within Data Science, is the creative thought leader responsible for ensuring that our counterparts across the company are enabled to make data driven decisions every day. We partner closely with the Commercial, Operations, Product, Research, and Engineering teams to study client, product, and algorithmic performance data. The Sr. Manager role leads a team of our more senior analysts as they partner with senior leaders across the company on critical initiatives. This role is perfect for someone who has a quantitatively-oriented degree, experience managing analysts and data scientists, a passion for mathematics, analytics, and coding, and a strong desire to use data to inspire progress.
About the team:
The core mission of the Data Analytics organization is to drive strategy and execution across the company using data to inform and empower our partners. Whether we’re working with client-facing field teams or internal decision makers, we aim to meet any reporting, analytics, visualization and story-telling needs they may have. Beyond our data capabilities, our team acts as consultants for our partners, breaking down every request to ensure that the analytical insights we’re providing will truly help achieve our partners’ goals. Our toolkit includes elements of theory – probability models, statistics, machine learning, game theory – as well as practical tools and techniques for manipulating and exploring vast quantities of data. Depending on the exact role, we work closely with Production Engineers, Product Managers, Operations, Account Managers, Services, Marketing, and sometimes directly with clients to create novel features, systems, and analyses. We love that our contributions further Xandr’s position as a pioneer and thought-leader in the AdTech industry, but at the end of the day, we measure our efforts based on the impact and value we create for our clients and internal teammates.
About the job:
- Directly lead a team of 4-6 analysts. Hire, onboard, train and grow analysts to be future leaders of our company.
- Work closely with internal teams, strategic company leaders, and our largest clients to provide Return on Investment (ROI)-focused insights and recommendations
- Lead large projects and initiatives with multiple sub-projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Excel both as an individual contributor and as a collaborative teammate, depending on project requirements.
- Focus on organizational leadership, including culture, training.
- Design and consult on statistically rigorous tests to assess the impact of a potential buying strategy, optimization technique, or product release.
- Supervise the creation of custom tools and dashboards to automate and scale insights for our internal stakeholders.
- Partner with Data Science, Product and Engineering teams to align strategy around the roll out and monitoring of new algorithms and product lines
- Demonstrate thought leadership in digital media analytics and optimization
- Help build our Analytics practice by developing training materials, customer facing assets and internal resources
- Provide feedback and share knowledge with other teams across the company
About your skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Math, or another quantitively-oriented degree
- 4-6 years of relevant analytics work experience and a quantitatively-oriented degree
- 3 year+ direct leadership of analysts or data scientists.
- Experience working with extremely large datasets in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fluid start-up environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrable passion to dig into terabytes of data and quickly construct tools
- Experience with data visualization, business intelligence tools and using data to tell a story.
- Mastery SQL and Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas); experience with other coding languages (ex. PySpark, D3)
- Proven excellence at formulating, understanding, and solving complex, non-routine problems
- Demonstrated success in project management/ownership and working with senior strategic stakeholders
- Outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools