Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for operating and maintaining a heterogeneous data store environment in the Technical Operations group. The data environment consists primarily of Vertica, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Aerospike.
The Data Operations team handles a wide variety of production operations responsibilities, from providing tech support to architecting long-range build-out and day-to-day operations at our six global data centers. We have well over 7,000 servers, which process over a million of ad serving requests per second (billions per day). We are an all Linux shop (all production operations run on Linux), with mostly Mac laptops. We’re in search of troubleshooters and those who love to tinker and innovate with technology.
- Own high availability production database systems
- Work with infrastructure engineers, developers, and architects to ensure performance and scalability of applications
- Perform database administration tasks, including automation, performance monitoring, system tuning, and query optimization
- Provides insight into the design and development of complex and distributed databases
- Work with security and operations to manage access control to databases
- Monitor databases for problems and diagnose their origin
- Identify and resolve production application issues
- Plan and provide operational oversight in database maintenance with minimal impact to customers
- Develops and recommends system administration policies and procedures
- Participates in prototyping and proof of concept system development and benchmarking
- Leads system performance monitoring and tuning
- Evaluates the merits and benefits of potential systems enhancements to improve overall performance and address/meet evolving business requirements
- Plans and implements backup and recovery for all relevant applications
- Diagnoses and develops/recommends solutions to address system, software, security and other complex database issues
- Acts as team/project lead on technical projects
- Participates in code reviews, ensuring best practices are followed
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with column-oriented databases such as Vertica, including performance and tuning
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouse products such as Snowflake
- 7+ years of working with multiple RDBMS platforms such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SingleStore (MemSQL), Oracle, etc.
- 7+ years of experience on Linux/Unix. Ubuntu/Debian experience a plus
- 5+ years of experience SQL, Python, shell scripting, Perl and source code control
- 5+ years monitoring and data collection tools such as Nagios, Grafana, Percona Tools, SolarWinds DPM
- 4+ years with key-value stores such as Aerospike and Redis
- 4+ years of experience with system administration software such as Puppet, Chef, or Cfengine
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development field
- Ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple disciplines with a collaborative work style and customer-service orientation and an ability to translate business goals into information management requirements
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code - with an eye towards performance optimization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Cloud computing platforms, such as Azure, Amazon AWS, GCP
- Expertise on how operating systems work
- Experience and knowledgeable in clustering database systems
- Experience and knowledgeable in maintaining and setting up high availability systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional projects
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.