Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
As a Software Engineer, you will join an Engineering team responsible for the architecture, development, administration, maintenance, and support of several critical shared components of Xandr’s Advertising Platform.
You will be involved in multiple aspects of Xandr’s business, including ad targeting, sales support, audience creation and management, measurement and reporting, and other miscellaneous facets of the business.
The culture is a fast-paced with rapidly evolving requirements that match the industry it supports.
This position requires self-driven individual with a passion for learning that can adapt quickly, communicate well, and enjoys working in a diverse team.
You will work with existing distributed system that operates 24/7 on a very large scale, participating in all phases of its lifecycle from testing and maintenance to design and development.
- Degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic preferred with knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with parallelism and concurrency
- Experience building software professionally contributing code to large codebases using modern source control tools
- Knowledge of at least one of following languages: C, C++, Java, Golang (experience with Golang is a plus)
- Some familiarity with at least one of scripting languages/environments: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash (experience with Python and Bash is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of SQL and RDBMS
- Experience using Linux internals and APIs preferred
- Experience using profiling tools (e.g., perf, strace) preferred
- Familiarity with containers (docker, kubernetes) preferred
- You should be passionate about what you do and love to challenge yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done
- You should be interested in practical application of your talents
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.