Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
At Xandr, our data is our lifeline - we can only be as good as our data, and great data is critical for business success. Our data pipeline processes tens of billions of Log Records a day (more than 150TB of data) generated by our Real-Time Bidding Engines and Ad Serving Platform. We handle petabytes of data on store at any given moment. This data is used to pace spend accurately, generate models for valuation and drive a plethora of optimization engines.
Our Engineering Team builds technology that identifies and processes relevant data to match Buyers and Sellers such that they each achieve their business initiatives. To do this, Engineers partner with our Data Science Team - implementing, testing and deploying probability-based heuristics and high-performance, real-time solutions for our diverse client base. We are an energizing community of Engineers that is committed to building dependable products that help drive our Real-Time bidding business.
- Research, design, and implement foundational and core software, tools, and frameworks that increase application reliability, monitoring and transparency, and simplicity.
- Build elegant, yet powerful software solutions for processing large amounts of data with low latency requirements at scale.
- Work collaboratively with teammates and cross-functionally with other engineering teams to ensure that our real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
- BA/BS degree OR MS degree (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience in software engineering working with production systems
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
- Strong object oriented programming experience and proficiency in Java
- Familiarity with SQL and Python
Nice to have:
- Experience developing and scaling RESTful web services
- Experience with stream-based passed processing models, distributed streaming platforms like Kafka
- Experience with deploying and managing applications on Kubernetes and working with Docker
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.