BIFS (Billing, Invoicing and Financial Systems) team at Xandr is responsible for clearing billions of dollars through the platform and accounting for every penny attributed to our buyers and sellers. This spans multiple domain areas like auction time pricing contract, big data MR billing and clearing batch processing jobs, reporting and invoicing, and financial applications that integrate with ERP, data warehouse within Xandr, Salesforce systems, and other external.
BIFS team is looking for a Software Engineer as an individual contributor to help drive and scale the billing and financial clearing systems at Xandr. The role requires technical prowess in or ability to quickly learn a multitude of technologies. The engineer will work on site, in Xandr's New York office, in close collaboration with the transaction logic and data pipeline teams, product for commercial features, cross functional teams like Salesforce, and stakeholders like finance.
About the job:
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and testable big data jobs, api's and applications
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team with diverse technology backgrounds.
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC, from design and development, to deployment and maintenance.
- Work closely with product, stakeholders and users
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree OR MS degree and 5+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Preferred experience in Primary Skill Set: JAVA, PYTHON, SCALA and Shell scripting, Spark, MySql, Vertica and SQL Server
- Secondary Skill Set: Knowledge in Hadoop, Big data, Design Patterns & architecture
- Experience with big data MR job processing technologies
- Knowledge and preferred experience with REST API's, web services, and applications
- Desired to have Docker and kubernetes.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching.
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complexproblems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems.
- You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools