Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
The mission of the Monetize Engineering team is to build a suite of products and make Xandr the platform of choice for Digital, TV and Video Publishers and make Xandr a must-buy global, digital, omni-channel marketplace for the world's largest marketers. This is a backend engineering role focused on a critically important area of investment for technology.
The Xandr real time ad serving platform is a large-scale distributed platform operating under strict real-time constraints, responding to and executing real-time, dynamic auctions in less than 100 milliseconds. In the past few years, we've grown from processing 300k QPS to over 5 million QPS for an approximate total of 500 billion requests per day. These events generate more than 150 TB of new data every day. Engineers work on the real-time components to optimize our software for performance, space, and algorithmic efficiency.
You will be responsible for making service and API development at Xandr faster, more effective, and higher quality. We support the API product development by investing in application development frameworks, infrastructure, and tools. Projects can be in a variety of languages with different operational requirements, so you’ll need to approach problems from a variety of ways. Building and Improving an API framework so product developers can more quickly get to production.
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience OR MS degree and 2+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred).
- Experience building and operating production SaaS services, especially large-scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in multiple scripting and programming languages, and proven ability to pick up new languages.
- Experience designing HTTP + JSON APIs
- Intermediate relational database skills (mysql, oracle etc..)
- Expertise in Java, Go or another programming language
- Strong focus on code quality and testing.
Good to have
- Proficiency in PHP
- Public facing API development
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or similar
- Experience with monitoring or observability tools
More about you
- You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products.
- You are passionate about learning and teaching.
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You view processes as a means and not an end, preferring lean or automated approaches to ensure quality and productivity.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.