About the team:
The bidding introspecting team is a newly-formed software engineering team tasked with helping advertising clients get insights into how their campaigns bid and spend on the platform. We develop instrumentation code in a globally-distributed low-latency multi-threaded environment with strict SLAs to emit a copious quantity of metrics events. We process these in a modern data pipeline which we own all the way down to the UI which presents our reports. We work extensively with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to make this data useful to internal and external clients, with a direct impact on the business’s bottom line.
We're looking for a well-rounded software developer who’s interested in empowering our clients and who wants to work on a team central to our organization's business strategy while tackling interesting technical challenges at scale. This individual should have solid foundations in computer science and preferably some experience working on production quality software in a team setting.
About the job:
- Contribute high-quality code to multiple software projects in a variety of platforms and languages such as C11, Java12, NodeJS...
- Analyze, test, and deploy your changes in a low-latency multi-threaded environment with strict SLAs.
- Maintain and operate multiple services and components of a distributed application.
- Identify new and interesting things to measure which our clients will find useful.
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree or MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, operating systems, algorithms.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing production quality software using either C, C++, Golang, or Java in a team setting.
- Experience profiling and debugging performance-sensitive applications.
- A practical understanding of basic statistics.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools