We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Web Services Platform team. This role can sit in Portland, Seattle, Boulder, Encino, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta or Richardson, TX.
About the team
The Web Services Platform team is responsible for making service and API development at Xandr faster, more effective, and higher quality. We support the UI and API product development teams by investing in application development frameworks, infrastructure, and tools.
About the job
As a developer on our team you’ll design and implement solutions that are high quality, easy to operate and maintain, and make the lives of product engineers easier. Projects can be in a variety of languages with different operational requirements, so you’ll need to approach problems from a variety of ways.
Projects could include:
- Implementing a service mesh layer to handle discovery and load balancing for microservices.
- Improving an API framework so product developers can more quickly get to production.
- Replacing a home-grown service router with an off-the-shelf open source system.
- Modernizing a general-purpose search system used by UI applications
About your skills
- 3+ years of experience as a professional software developer
- Proficiency in PHP or a systems language like Java
- Experience building and operating SaaS services
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience designing HTTP+JSON APIs a plus
- Experience with docker or Kubernetes a plus