Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
At Xandr, we built a platform to provide an open, transparent marketplace and powerful enterprise technology enabling marketers to connect and engage consumers on thousands of high-quality websites and apps.
The Xandr Platform is an advanced buy-side and sell-side advertising technology platform that enables buyers and sellers to access and trade premium inventory in a transparent and streamlined environment.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will
- Lead the cross team engineering efforts to build business critical products for publishers and buyers on the Xandr platform
- You will collaborate with a team of smart, passionate engineers.
- You will own significant areas of the Xandr Real Time Platforms and function as the architect.
- You will participate in setting the roadmap and direction for your areas of responsibilities
The mission of the PartnerTech Engineering team is to build enterprise-quality suite of applications and tools to make it easy for external partners to integrate and operate on Xandr's marketplace and platform. This is a back-end engineering role focused on a critically important area of investment for Xandr Tech. The Xandr real time adserving platform is a large scale distributed platform operating under strict real-time constraints, responding to and executing real-time, dynamic auctions in less than 400 milliseconds. In the past few years, we've grown from processing 300k QPS to over 5 million QPS for an approximate total of 100 billion requests per day. These events generate more than 150 TB of new data every day. Engineers work on the real-time components to optimize our software for performance, space, and algorithmic efficiency.
As a technical leader you’ll design and implement solutions that span multiple applications on the real time platform, are high quality, require hard real time constraints, are easy to operate and maintain, and make the lives of product engineers easier. You will own or influence significant parts of the platform and allied areas. You will work closely with other engineers and our product teams, to not only make these systems go faster and handle more and more data, but also to build revolutionary new products for our clients.
- Designing and implementing scalable solutions including new features and enhancements of our Platform.
- Participate and help lead planning sessions with Product Management and Engineering team leads to construct feature requirements and specifications.
- Participate in setting the roadmap and direction for your areas of responsibilities
- Produce prototype features quickly and participate in gathering feedback from clients.
- Bring innovation to the team in new features, improving build processes and product development lifecycle.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness.
- Support and debug production level issues and provide fixes in an expedient manner.
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices in software development
- 5+ years of experience as a professional software developer.
- Experience using either C or C++ with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities. We will consider extensive experience with other languages as well, e.g. Java, Rust, Go, etc
- Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications, preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques
- Strong fundamental understanding of generalized architecture patterns and service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
- Experience providing mentorship and guidance, including code reviews, training, and feedback.
- You are passionate about enabling customer success.
More about you
- You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products.
- You are passionate about learning and teaching.
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You view processes as a means and not an end, preferring lean or automated approaches to ensure quality and productivity.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.