Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
About the team:
The Monetize Reporting and Analytics team empowers success by providing clients of Xandr Monetize with accurate and actionable information. We are responsible for developing and maintaining reporting tools and data pipelines within Xandr’s data universe.
To achieve this goal, we strive to always be:
- Curious & Innovative
- Helpful & Communicative
- Open & Adaptive
- Happy & Fun
What you will work on:
As a member of the Monetize Reporting and Analytics team, you will be responsible for data in our system from when leaves our raw log files, as it is aggregated throughout our pipelines, and presented to stakeholders.
As a team lead, you will be responsible for providing technical guidance to team members, planning sprints, evaluating incoming tickets, working with product managers to define product features, and helping to set the technical vision and direction for the team.
This can take many forms including, but not limited to:
- Writing MapReduce or Spark jobs to aggregate raw data into an OLAP database, such as Vertica.
- Writing SQL to present reports to stakeholders.
- Working on our internal tools and processes which enable the data pipeline.
- Developing new UIs or other tools to enable reporting.
- Investigating stakeholder-reported issues through our entire data pipeline.
- Implementing strategies that analyze the impact of, and ensure the quality, performance, and accuracy of reports.
- Demonstrated technical team leadership experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience and demonstrated strong skills in the following areas:
- Object-Oriented software development using a language such as Java, Go, C++.
- Developing performant SQL and SQL Aggregation queries.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
- Writing well-tested code, deploying code safely, and working in a team with coding standards, including unit testing, functional testing, working with build systems, and participating code and design reviews
Nice to Have Skills:
An ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree OR other advanced degree in Computer Science or related field as well as experience and familiarity in the following areas:
- Working in the Ad-Tech space.
- Debugging and troubleshooting stakeholder-reported issues that span multiple complex systems.
- Excellent technical communication skills, including building internal documentation.
- Big data frameworks including Hadoop/HDFS/MapReduce and Spark.
- Stream-based data processing models like Kafka.
- Experience with BI tools such as PowerBI and Imply.
- Working with large (15TB+) data sets.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.