Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
The role will put you in the position to impact the convergence of television and web-based advertising that will power the consumption of media in the future. We strongly believe that collaboration enables better products, so you will work closely with Product Managers and other engineers to design solutions. Our goal is to provide a setting where you can learn, be creative and feel empowered to do your best.
We are a passionate group building the Yield Analytics product, our industry-leading Forecasting and Inventory Management platform. Our customers include marquee names in the digital media industry. We develop the systems, applications, and products that transform our customers’ data into actionable insights that run their business. Data analysis and forecasting are our prime focus areas. We process, inspect, and analyze billions of ad events nightly to provide unparalleled forecasting to our clients. The team primarily uses Java to build applications that span big data, web services, complicated workflows, and API based services.
We build the systems that drive a complex and fast-moving market. The forecasting systems are a necessary and integral component of the future of Xandr’s offering. We are in a unique position to make an impact on both the digital and television advertising spaces. We transform the data from addressable TV, Digital TV, Linear TV, Digital Video, and internet publishers into forecasts of inventory and audience interaction to create actionable insights for the buying and selling of advertising.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure the quality of the products we deliver
- Write high-performance code that is well-tested, maintainable and robust
- Own mission critical applications, services and infrastructure
- Operate as a technical leader and mentor other engineers on best designing and coding practices
- Improve the security, reliability, and resiliency of the platform
- Participate in production support and troubleshooting
- Work in an Agile environment with daily standups and other related ceremonies
- Evaluate, recommend, and manage new technologies and processes that enhance the platform
- 5+ years of experience building software professionally
- Strong experience in Java
- Ability to design, implement, and display ownership of systems
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to understand business needs and translate them into actionable projects
- Experience contributing high-quality code to large codebases
- Experience working with big data technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with service architecture and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience leading projects of substantial technical complexity
- Passion for learning and building solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to quickly respond to feedback and course correct, with evidence of this behavior in previous accomplishments
Nice to have skills
- Experience in integrating with third party data and APIs
- Experience in performing data analysis and validation using Jupyter Notebooks in PySpark and/or Scala
- Experience with containerization e.g., AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of persistence layers such as Vertica, MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience in designing and implementing web-scale distributed systems
- Domain expertise in the advanced TV and/or web yield management
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.