At Xandr, we built a platform to provide an open, transparent marketplace and powerful enterprise technology enabling Marketers to connect and engage consumers on thousands of high-quality websites and apps.
The Xandr Platform is an advanced buy-side and sell-side advertising technology platform that enables buyers and sellers to access and trade premium inventory in a transparent and streamlined environment. Xandr is hiring an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Auction Logic team.
About the team:
The mission of the Auction Logic team is to create the Digital Marketplace with a purpose to accurately connect Advertisers (Buyers) and Publishers (Sellers) in the most effective and efficient way possible. The team is responsible for building and operating a set of core components of Xandr's Real-Time Platform, specifically the distributed set of servers that runs an auction for every ad impression, deliver the ad content, and perform all the necessary accounting. The Xandr Real-Time Platform is a large-scale Distributed Platform operating under strict real-time constraints, responding to and executing real-time, dynamic auctions in less than 100 milliseconds. In the past few years, we have grown from processing 300k QPS to over 5 million QPS for an approximate total of 100 billion requests per day. These events generate more than 150 TB of new data every day. Engineers work on the real-time components to optimize our software for performance, space, and algorithmic efficiency. The application that processes all those requests, Impression Bus, is among the responsibilities of the Auction Logic Team. You will provide solutions to help connect Advertisers and Publishers on the Digital Marketplace as well as resolve complex technical issues that arise as a result of the immense scale of our platform.
About the job:
As a Senior Engineer you will design and implement solutions that span multiple applications on the Real-Time Platform, are high quality, require hard real-time constraints, are easy to operate and maintain, and make the lives of Product Engineers easier. You will own or influence significant parts of the platform and allied areas. You will work closely with other Engineers and our Product Teams, to not only make these systems go faster and handle more and more data, but also to build revolutionary new products for our clients.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Designing and implementing scalable solutions including new features and enhancements of our Platform
• Participate and help lead planning sessions with Product Management and Engineering team leads to construct feature requirements and specifications
• Produce prototype features quickly and participate in gathering feedback from clients
• Bring innovation to the team in new features, improving build processes and product development lifecycle
• Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness
• Support and debug production level issues and provide fixes in an expedient manner
• Mentor junior Engineers on best practices in software development
About your experience and skills:
• 5+ years of experience as a Professional Software Developer
• Experience using either C, C++, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities. We will consider extensive experience with other languages as well, e.g. Rust, Go, etc.
• Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications, preferably in a Linux environment
• Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques
• Strong fundamental understanding of generalized architecture patterns and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
• Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
• Experience providing mentorship and guidance, including code reviews, training, and feedback
• You are passionate about enabling customer success
More about you:
• You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products
• You are passionate about learning and teaching
• You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You view processes as a means and not an end, preferring lean or automated approaches to ensure quality and productivity
• You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built
**Please note: We are NOT currently accepting unsolicited Staffing Agency/Vendor candidates at this time. Xandr / Warner Media / AT&T will not be responsible for any candidates submitted without prior written authorization.**