Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
We're seeking a forward-looking software engineer that has a passion for automation and the "shift-left" approach. The Application Modernization Lead will create tools and systems that support the entire software development lifecycle, enabling Xandr development teams to adopt modern architectures and processes. You will collaborate with our engineering teams to understand their technologies, develop a plan for each system, make the required transformations, and improve project documentation and tooling, increasing efficiency of the process over time. The role calls for strong leadership of both the immediate team and the broader Xandr tech organization, as you work diligently to expand their understanding of modern software development best practices.
- Lead a team of 4-6 full-time employees and contractors.
- Bring Kubernetes, Docker, Public Cloud (Azure (AKS), AWS (EKS)), Concourse, and Spinnaker to a large, heterogenous engineering organization.
- Work cross-functionally to facilitate transition of applications to new processes and architectures: gather of requirements, educate Subject Matter Experts, perform migrations, and hand off results back to application owners.
- Help to prioritize modernization, tech debt elimination, and vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Use a wide range of technical skills to universalize CI/CD systems.
- Build new systems, tools, and processes to accelerate software development and foster their adoption within the Engineering organization
- Challenge the current assumptions and processes in our technology organization today.
- Enthusiastically move between many different language and runtime environments.
- Apply creative and scalable solutions to enterprise challenges.
- Learn every day.
- Automate all the things!
- 3+ years of agile software development management experience
- 7+ years of software development experience for production systems
- 5+ years of system design and development experience
- 3+ years of Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Experience with a container based Continuous Integration system (Concourse, Azure Pipelines, Gitlab, or similar)
- Proficiency in Python, multiple other programming languages, and proven ability to pick up new ones quickly
- Experience using and administering a software analysis tool
- Experience managing projects with project management software (JIRA, or similar)
- Experience designing and developing complex and scalable software systems
- Enthusiasm, positivity, and a passion for fun in the workplace
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.