Xandr is looking for a Senior Product Manager with expertise in online advertising to lead end-to-end product management and strategy in our Monetize Product group, specializing in header bidding technology. This person will define the product strategy, identify and develop key product road map items, inform product requirements, collaborate with engineering on implementation, take products to market, and be responsible for commercial success. This is a fantastic opportunity to own and develop innovative, industry-changing products and initiatives at the heart of our business.
About the team:
Xandr is dedicated to one overarching goal: make advertising better. The Monetize Product team drives forward strategic initiatives which span all aspects of the business, with a particular focus on solutions for sellers using the Monetize SSP. We provide a strategic selling platform that enables media companies to unlock the full value of their inventory and improve the experience for their consumers. Our Product Managers are strategic thinkers with an eye on the next big thing, and work together with the entire company to make that a reality. Product Managers have skills and expertise based on product management, technology, design, and commercial experience and are expected to develop deep industry knowledge. We engage directly with customers, partners, and field organizations to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionable roadmaps. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we touch nearly every part of the organization - from our Sales and Services teams to Engineering, Marketing, and Design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.
About the job:
- Own the full product lifecycle for a designated product area, including research, scoping, prototyping, validation, productionalization, and rollout
- Manage product performance to set goals and KPIs
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Articulate and contribute to product strategy
- Consolidate, synthesize, and prioritize market requirements into a product plan
- Collaborate closely with engineers through all stages of product development, offering business context and insights, providing clear and consistent priorities, working through tradeoffs, and communicating plans and requirements effectively
- Contribute to product roll out efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams to create collateral including white papers, case studies, demos, training material, etc.
- Act as the key product evangelist and guide for external users as well as internal teams
About your skills and experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in a related professional area
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build consultative and effective relationships with internal stakeholders as well as external customers and partners
- Experience driving behavior change in some capacity, like rolling out new organizational processes, or introducing internal tools for other team members to use.
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders within Xandr and at customer/partner organizations
- An understanding of header bidding technology, especially the Prebid.org suite of products, is a plus
- Experience mentoring and advising Product colleagues is a plus
- Experience working closely with Advertising Platforms and/or with website, mobile app, or streaming video development is a plus
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools