Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
Xandr’s mission is to make advertising matter. Creatives (or digital ads) are the transactional unit of online advertising: they are what the user sees or hears (banner, video or audio ads in a browser or on a connected TV). Being that creatives are a core part of our clients’ buying strategies, our products are some of the most heavily used on the platform. We build products that provide consumers with positive, safe ad experiences, and we build intuitive workflows that enable advertisers to successfully execute their objectives.
Xandr is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer to join the Creative team. You will be joining a team that is focused on using Machine Learning to advance the products that we build. We are using Machine Learning to assign attributes, such as brand, to creatives, identify malicious behavior in ads, and inform users of potential issues before they become problems. The Creative Machine Learning team develops and trains multi-modality deep learning models (features include images, video/audio and text) with large datasets that include tens of millions of examples. The team extracts data and labels from structured and unstructured data stores to create large datasets, defines the model architectures, evaluates models, and tunes them, deploys models in production and monitors their use over time. We are only scratching the surface with what we can achieve at Xandr, and you will have a front-row seat in advancing our efforts.
The ideal candidate has a strong experience applying deep learning to at least one of the data modalities that our team works with (text, images, video) and is interested in broadening this experience to the multi-modality setting. Experience creating datasets in industry and deploying deep learning models in production is a plus.
Team members recognize that Machine Learning is only one part of a complete solution and collaborate with other engineers to deliver a truly impactful product to our customers.
- Develop infrastructure and tools to productionize new models in a repeatable manner
- Iterate on current models to improve predictive and runtime performance
- Prototype new ML approaches and design experiments for evaluation
- Identify opportunities to apply machine learning methodologies to solve business problems
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services
- 2-3 years of experience in applying deep learning to large datasets in industry or academia
- Experience contributing high quality code to large codebases; Python and Java preferred
- Foundational knowledge of deep learning concepts
- Experience with Machine Learning APIs and libraries; PyTorch (preferred)
- Knowledge of database management system preferred
- Knowledge of data manipulation frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark)
- Experience building Machine Learning systems at scale would be a plus
- Experience with distributed training for deep learning models
More about you
- You are focused on building high performance models.
- You keep abreast of deep learning literature in your sub-field of interest.
- You are passionate about learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems, but know how to mitigate risks to deliver projects on time.
- If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.