Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
Xandr acts as a financial clearinghouse for digital advertisers with over $2.5 billion of transaction volume flowing through our systems on an annual basis. For the over 1,000 partners we work with, the Finance Operations team is responsible for invoicing the buyers of digital advertising, remitting payments to the sellers, answering customer inquiries regarding bills and payments, establishing credit limits and monitoring credit risk, collecting amounts owed, and applying cash received. We are looking for a talented, intellectually curious, and ambitious team player to join our team that supports all facets of Finance Operations for our clients and commercial partners. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, well versed in Excel, and quick to learn and create new processes. 3+ years’ experience in the contract to cash process is required. Candidate must be able to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The position can be in New York or Portland and reports to the Manager - Finance Operations, who is New York City-based.
Finance Operations is part of the broader Order To Cash team at Warner Media, which is responsible for all transactions processed from customer invoices, to cases resolutions, to Publisher payments. Our challenge is to provide robust, scalable solutions supporting a rapidly changing and fast-growing business. We partner with all aspects of the Company from Sales to Legal as well as management at all levels. Finance has a role in all major projects that the company undertakes. Our team has a variety of educational and professional experiences; we’re looking for people who will add a unique perspective and value to our high-impact work.
- Process customer payments for all legal entities - checks, wire transfer, credit card and Post payments to proper accounts by invoice numbers
- Conduct research for customer inquiries, invoices relating to credit/debit memos or payment application
- Crosstrain on intercompany journal entry requirements
- Experience in manually auditing payments applied by customer
- Experience using Excel data manipulation tools/functions to manually find discrepant information
- Run daily bank and related lock box reports
- Maintain cash application metrics report
- Research missing checks that have not been applied to customer accounts
- Work with treasury relationships to optimize processes and resolve issues
- Work with Collections team to efficiently resolve Customer accounts
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BS/BA Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience performing cash applications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; must have experience performing pivot tables and V-look up
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Microsoft Office, Intermediate level Excel skills required (Pivots, VLOOKUP)
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills; ideally experience performing pivot tables and V-look up
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced work environment required
- Must be a quick learner and a self-starter
- Willing to work hard and be dedicated to the responsibility
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to research, resolve and explain complex issues
- Proven organizational and time management skills
More About You
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.