Engineering Manager, Creative
Xandr’s mission is to make advertising matter. Creatives (or digital ads) are an important part of this mission as they are what consumers see. We build products that provide consumers with positive, safe ad experiences, and we build industry-leading powerful, intuitive workflows that enable advertisers to successfully execute on their objectives.
Xandr is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join the Creative team. As an Engineering Manager, you will have full ownership of the successes (and failures) of our products. Your team will be composed of smart, passionate engineers across multiple disciplines, including Front-end, Back-end, and Machine Learning. You will provide professional development guidance to help them grow their careers, unblock obstacles to increase their productivity, and foster an inclusive, positive culture that emphasizes strong ownership of what we build.
The ideal candidate is one who likes to dive headfirst into understanding our customers’ challenges, collaborate closely with Product Managers to build our roadmaps, and lead and grow team members of all levels of technical expertise.
About the job:
- Own team’s deliverables to ensure we are building products that address the needs of our customers
- Provide continuous feedback to guide team members through their career development
- Partner with Product Managers to prioritize a roadmap that balances ongoing improvement with new feature development
- Foster an inclusive, positive culture that emphasizes ownership and knowledge sharing
- Hire high potential candidates to grow the team
About your experience and skills:
- You have led teams of engineers and guided them through their career development
- You have a technical background and have driven planning and design discussions, leading them as needed
- You have a track record of leading cross-functional projects that deliver high-quality products on time
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary teams preferred
- Experience with designing and building enterprise user-facing applications preferred
- Experience with agile methodologies preferred
More about you:
- You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products.
- You are passionate about learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You view processes as a means and not an end, preferring lean or automated approaches to ensure quality and productivity.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built.