Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
This role is ideal for an experienced media tech person who has a keen interest in working with engineering teams, leading teams, setting direction and motivating others to do their best while achieving company goals. The candidate will have the skills and experience to jump right in and tackle new projects that allow the team to move to DTV from AT&T/Xandr.
The Engineering Manager leads and directs the activities of the software development functions and/or software quality assurance functions for both enhancements and new products. The candidate will supervise a team responsible for the development and/or delivery of software in the Media and Advertising industry. This person guides technical decision-making within team. Team size can be anywhere from 2-10 resources consisting of a mix of employees and contractors who are globally located.
The DirecTV advertising technology team is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our growing team. We’re working on a cutting-edge Advertising applications and data platforms built on AWS + Snowflake + Looker.
- Owns a planning horizon of 3-6 months based on Agile methodology to prioritize work.
- Independently prioritizes and delegates work to team members. Leads team members by defining clear outcomes for success and holding them accountable.
- Connects team member's work to client needs, capability, and/or business goals.
- Leads and develops individual contributors at all senior levels and occasionally team leads.
- Manages performance and career growth of direct reports. Develops employees through work alignment and performance discussions.
- Builds team cohesion and resolves conflicts.
- Drives employee engagement and identifies opportunities to increase it. With manager, identify staffing gaps within the team.
- Ensures business continuity of key knowledge within team. Makes hiring decisions if headcount is allocated.
- Guides technical decision-making within team. Handles production issues to customer requirements.
- Engages with product and engineering managers to ensure team's work is clearly defined. Influence other teams to ensure success of key milestones.
- Shares and encourages best practices with other managers.
- Leads a team that owns a platform or product area within a capability. Achieves team and on occasion capability-wide impact through leadership of people.
- Design Participate in Daily Scrum calls as well as quarterly sprint planning sessions to support development efforts
- 3-5 years of recent experience in data engineering and/or software development, ETL work
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field strongly encouraged but not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Media and Advertising Technology
- Prior Supervisory experience a plus. Direct or indirect leadership positions.
- Good Understanding of Databases and Datawarehouse tools
- Experience working in AWS environments (using S3 and EC2)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI)\Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines
- Familiar with Data visualization/Business Intelligence tools
- Very strong knowledge of Agile development and use of Jira for work assignment
- Jira and Confluence experience critical.
- People leadership skills, strong written and verbal communications.
- Experience in interviewing candidates for jobs, hiring and career development.
- A willingness to explore new alternatives to solve issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.