Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
The Associate Director, Creative Services (Creative Director – In-House Design Dept) is responsible for leading the in-house design and video/motion team and the creative development and execution of all design projects for Xandr. You will provide design direction and manage designers, agencies, and third-party vendors, as well as standards and processes to assure consistency across all touchpoints. You will develop creative approaches in accordance with the Xandr brand identity and design principles while balancing creative excellence and brand standards with the needs of the business. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can respond to business objectives and is able to understand and communicate strong creative ideas. A design authority within Xandr, you will oversee a team of freelance designers, so we need someone with leadership experience that’s able to both project manage and provide feedback on how to best use the Xandr brand.
Responsible for developing and implementing the design strategy to brand Xandr as a trusted corporate brand and purpose-driven employer brand.
- Develop design systems for brand identities and campaigns
- Manage the use of the brand, ensuring cohesion with sales collateral, internal and external facing assets, printed materials/invitations/emails, video, photography, and all other materials
- Actively manage and contribute to Xandr processes, roles, and resources related to design
- Proficient knowledge of the overall creative process, guide team members from different disciplines (design, video, animation, digital, experiential) towards the effective execution of projects – from designing our events presence to developing branding for an integrated campaign with many moving components
- Concept, plan, develop and implement a significant volume of strategic digital, experiential, video, and print marketing deliverables. Influence creative direction of a major portion of design deliverables.
- Manage the creative development of complex branding and communication projects – from briefing to execution.
- Assist in delegating tasks to vendors and agencies as needed, being able to articulate needs
- Represent and communicate the work and objectives clearly to stakeholders at all levels
- Translate stakeholder feedback into clear direction for the teams to progress with work effectively
- Work collaboratively with other creative/art directors, in-house studio, 3rd party vendors, business teams, or external creative agencies on a day-to-day basis
- Outstanding, extensive portfolio including work for media and ad tech brands or other relevant experience
- 8-10 years of real-world professional design and project management experience (preferably agency or media company)
- Impeccable sense of design and eye for detail
- Can independently manage multiple projects as well as assist in leading a team of people. A proven art director with demonstrated creative contribution.
- Easygoing attitude, calm under pressure, client-facing, and personable
- Exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of environmental, experiential, and spatial design
- Excellent spoken and written communication, great storyteller
Accreditation, Certification, or Licenses
- Graphic or Communications Design or related discipline
Training and Special Skills
- Expert level skills in adobe creative suite. Proven working experience as an Art Director. Environmental design experience a plus. Solid knowledge of print production and printing techniques.
- Strong grasp of design around typography, color, photography, layout design, hierarchy, brand, and user experience.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.