About the team
The Buyside Platform team is responsible for making service and API development at Xandr faster, more effective, and higher quality for product engineers building and maintain new and legacy services. We support the UI and API product development teams by investing in application development frameworks, infrastructure, and tools.
As a technical leader on our team, you’ll design and implement solutions that are high quality, easy to operate and maintain, and make the lives of product engineers easier. Projects will be in a variety of languages with different operational requirements, so you’ll need to approach problems from a variety of ways.
About the job
- Building and Improving an API framework so product developers can more quickly get to production.
- Maintaining and improving online compilers for our suite of DSLs (domain specific languages)
- Help Improve performance of our API calls and work on deprecating legacy solutions
- Share your knowledge, guide and mentor other engineers.
- Consistently look for ways to optimize and improve our systems.
About your skills
- 5+ years of experience as a professional software developer
- Experience providing mentorship and guidance, including code reviews, training, and feedback
- Prior experience leading or mentoring a technical team
- Ability to balance managerial responsibilities with individual technical contributions
- Experience building and operating production SaaS services, especially large-scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in multiple scripting and programming languages, and proven ability to pick up new languages.
- Expertise in Java, Go or another systems language
- Experience designing HTTP+JSON APIs
- Strong focus on code quality and testing.
Good to have
- Proficiency in PHP
- Experience with Typescript and Python
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or similar