About the Team:
The Technical Product Management (TPM) team unifies customer focus and technical expertise to serve our Technology organization, ensuring that the technologies that we build and/or buy for their use are treated as first class products. We aim to remove barriers to adoption, reduce tool and technology sprawl, and standardize and improve documentation and best-practices, while designing products that our developers and operators love to use.
We are starting an exciting new project Under the TPM team: Application Modernization. As part of this effort, you will work to containerize, migrate, and upgrade many of our global systems according to priorities driven by business value. You will collaborate with our software developer teams to understand their technologies, develop a plan for each system, make the required transformations, and improve project documentation and tooling, increasing efficiency of the process over time.
- Degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
- Experience building software across multiple languages using different libraries/tools, preferably Java, Go, Python, C/C++, and/or PHP
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical audiences, translating user experiences into solvable problems
- Experience writing unit and integration tests, especially as part of a modern CI/CD workflow.
- Experience using Docker required, experience with Kubernetes clusters a plus
- Comfortable working with command line interfaces for running build processes, using Git, viewing logs, and logging into remote servers.
- Ability to keep up with industry SDLC best practices