Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
This role will focus on prospecting and selling video media solutions into Brands and Agency Holding Companies, empowering their media buyers to sell innovative solutions, and ensuring buyers are able to deliver video budgets that meet/exceed campaign KPIs. This resource will have a large sales territory in the US and Canada, partnering closely with our Marketplace Partners team to ensure spend is able to flow between our systems.
This role is perfect for someone who has a passion for developing client-side and agency relationships. With your broad and long-standing relationships, you will act as a strategic & consultative partner to sell a wide range of video media solutions that will ensure that customer’s business goals are met. Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to get to the root of a problem, are critical, as is the ability to exercise good judgment independently. This individual needs to be able to breakdown complex technology/marketplace dynamics and explain it with simplicity, as well as liaise with anyone ranging from a media planner to CEO.
The Marketplace Development team is a new function at Xandr, created to grow and support strategic marketplaces. In 2021, this team’s primary objective is to grow US and Canada video spend from agencies and brands with a focus on CTV spend. The Marketplace Development team represents the “voice of demand” with strategic publishers, ensuring preferred inventory access and packaging, and represents the “voice of supply” with buyers, educating and assisting them with inventory access. As a buyer-centric marketplace function, this team identifies, builds, and sells the media solutions that video buyers need to be successful.
- Generate new client leads and create new business opportunities through prospecting and strategic outreach.
- Attend trade shows and external events to generate new client opportunities.
- Effectively move both outbound and marketing (inbound) generated leads through the sales process via calls, meetings, and email communication.
- Meet with buyer’s Sales and Inventory Management teams to understand supply interests and source required deals to power their media offerings.
- Develop customized sales materials and deliver in a consultative manner, ensuring we bring unique value to prospects.
- Create presentations and proposals, answer questions, overcome objections, and secure commitments for new business.
- Maintain a sales pipeline sufficient to support attainment of sales objectives.
- Collaborate and partner with leadership to improve on and deliver new solutions for our video buyers.
- Utilize sales CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly and annual quota goals.
- Leverage knowledge of Xandr offerings to problem solve with the client and co-create valuable solutions.
- Serve as a point of escalation and resolution for video campaign issues.
- Represent the client needs with other functional teams and provide input to Product to help shape our development roadmap.
- Experience selling digital media, preferably through programmatic auctions.
- Proven success closing new business and going above and beyond.
- Ability to prospect and connect with potential new clients via cold call/email, and through professional and social networks
- Capable of gaining a deep understanding of technology enabled advertising solutions.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, demonstrating an ability to influence clients and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong self-motivation and persistence, and an internal drive to succeed
- BA/BS degree required, STEM degree a plus
- 7+ years of post-college work experience; work in Advertising Technology or Media Planning/Buying/Selling a plus
More About You
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.