Xandr is seeking a bright, highly motivated and experienced commercial privacy attorney to join our legal team. The person in this role will support our privacy and technology teams as well as commercial sales teams. In this role, you will work closely with internal clients to promote and support Xandr in complex data, privacy and technology issues related to advertising platforms. You will help the clients navigate legal and business risks and make sound decisions under tight deadlines and work with Xandr stakeholders to provide and interpret privacy and data guidance and best practices and ensure that this is implemented in Xandr’s products, contracts, policies and processes. You’ll have the opportunity to help enable innovative uses of data in a legally and ethically responsible way and to play a meaningful part in our company’s mission to transform advertising.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks. This person is also a creative problem-solver and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and technology, including privacy, data protection, and security. This position will be located in London, England or New York, New York.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Xandr in complex data, privacy and technology issues related to advertising platforms.
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to provide and interpret privacy and data guidance and best practices and ensure that this is implemented in Xandr’s products, contracts, policies and processes.
- Research and synthesize information and guidance on new privacy laws and guidance and translate it into tangible, practical legal guidance for the Xandr business.
- Work with external clients to negotiate commercial privacy documentation and other commercial agreements as may be required.
- Work with external stakeholders where assigned in the advertising ecosystem, including external representation with industry groups, regulators, and other external parties to advance the interest of Xandr and respond to regulatory and public policy issues as they relate to data, privacy and technology.
- Developing and contributing to standard contract terms and policies.
- Work autonomously and with outside counsel as needed on privacy projects and initiatives.
- Support BU Attorneys and wider legal team on commercial engagements for the business across multiple regions.
- Form part of Xandr Privacy Pod and actively contribute to Pod Projects and workstreams including responding to DSARs, Privacy RFIs and general privacy enquiries. Attend Privacy Pod team calls.
About the team:
At Xandr, we make advertising matter. The mission of the Legal team is to serve as a trusted business partner in reinventing advertising. We strive to apply both legal acumen and business judgment to provide sound, practical legal advice to all functions throughout the organization. Our responsibilities run the gamut, so we need to understand the legal issues that affect digital media and advertising. We are energized by the challenges of serving this dynamic, fast-moving part of the broader AT&T family.
- JD degree or equivalent with superior academic credentials
- 6+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department
- Prior technology, advertising, data governance, privacy, or data protection experience required
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Operate with a sense of urgency and efficiency to meet the needs of the business
- Ability and desire to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Passion about data and technology, including privacy, data protection, and security
- If in the United States, member in good standing of at least one state. New York state bar or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York preferred . If London, then a certified qualified solicitor.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.