We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to immediately contribute to our platform. You will use modern tools and techniques to build rock-solid code for optimizing TV ad buys toward audience targets and revolutionizing how TV inventory is bought and sold. We practice agile methodologies so we can quickly deliver working software to our customers, and believe in continuous iteration on our software and processes so we can improve over time.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with team members to design and build new features and maintain existing ones by fixing defects and refactoring old code. We pride ourselves on building secure, scalable, and maintainable software, and expect you to participate in the full software lifecycle. In this role, you will be expected to lead large projects of substantial technical complexity, quickly orient and become expert in technology and feature domains over time and apply your knowledge to mentor others. Your scope of responsibility will include collaboration with product owners and stakeholders to translate high level business needs into effective designs and implemented solutions. You will effectively drive towards solutions in the face of challenges. You will develop a sense of ownership over the systems you build and maintain.
We foster a culture of improvement and expect you to help drive internal discussions on technologies, products, and processes. Our stack includes: Go, Java, React, AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, and Linux.
- 6-10 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Deep knowledge of a few areas of our technology stack. Our stack includes: Go, Java, React, AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, and Linux.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working within team structures for code review, source code management, continuous integration, and automated deployments
- Experience with team leading and mentorship
- Ability to drive large projects and process improvements
- Strong communication skills, from written documents (such as design documents) to verbal discussions (like design reviews)
- Understanding of the value of rapid iteration and retrospection for engineering processes
- Eagerness to learn new technologies