Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
The TV Marketplace team seeks an experienced engineering leader to own quality for how we build and deliver software. You will lead a team of engineers responsible for the overall quality of our platform for optimizing TV ad buys towards audience targets and revolutionizing how TV inventory is bought and sold. We believe that quality is an organization-wide key tenet of software delivery, and you will be in a leading position to advocate for how we achieve our quality goals. We have established a culture of openness and collaboration and practice continuous iteration on our software and processes to improve over time.
As Engineering Manager: Quality, you will lead a team of engineers responsible for the overall quality of TV Platform. You will support the career growth for members of your team and be able to recruit engineers in the context of the broader organization's needs over time. You will be the main advocate for quality in collaboration with other leaders in our organization. Although your initial focus will be on the customer-facing application, you have perspective for how to improve quality holistically beyond your immediate sphere of control, and you are able to influence others to enact change based on your vision. You will advocate for solutions and be able to prioritize initiatives against each other while managing a roadmap. You will apply your depth of experience to identify risks and quality-affecting trends to propose improvements to workflow and systems. You will maintain and improve existing testing techniques and workflows in the software delivery pipeline to customers. You will leverage your team to execute on your roadmap while balancing the QA needs of day-to-day development. You will contribute code and/or design patterns as a technical leader for your team.
We deliver our software to customers as a SaaS application, and our technology stack includes Mabl, Cypress, Jest, JUnit, Go, Java, React, AWS, Docker, and Linux.
- 7+ years of full-time experience, including experience recruiting and mentoring engineers as they grow their careers (direct management experience is preferred)
- A background in quality: a depth of experience with QA techniques, systems and processes
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong ability to lead and influence peers and other leaders
- Experience working with business, client success, and development teams to understand requirements and the holistic impact of defects
- Experience with effective patterns for how to test complex systems at different levels, peer review of system changes, and stable software release processes
- Hands-on QA automation implementation experience
- An ability to see the "big picture", including a keen business understanding that informs your approach to problem solving
- An ability to lead through consensus-building, including outside of your immediate sphere of control
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.