Xandr is a data-enabled technology platform powering a global marketplace for premium advertising. Xandr’s data platform team handles 12 billion transacted ad requests per day and 20 terabytes of data per hour.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to not only build data pipelines but also extend the next generation of our data tools. As a Data Engineer, you will develop a clear sense of connection with our organization and leadership - as Data Engineering is the eyes through which our products are seen.
The Data Platform as a Service (DPaaS) team is responsible for building, managing and evolving the Xandr data platform to meet the current and future needs of the company. This includes evalutating new technologies and shoring up existing systems to allow product teams to accelerate feature development to meet the needs of our customers.
This is a partnership heavy role. As a member of the DPaaS team, you will partner closely with teams in Xandr’s reporting and infrastructure organization.
- Lead and mentor team members
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms including Data Warehouse, online caches and real-time systems
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas
- Write efficient, scalable, testable and maintainable code for new features and system components
- Collaborate with a global, cross-functional team of engineers and product managers to contribute to a variety of projects and technologies depending on needs
- Support Xandr production infrastructure, debug, and fix issues in our applications
- Prioritize bug fixes to ensure critical up-time
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
8+ years of experience in software development
Strong foundation in distributed systems
Proficiency in Java or other JVM languages. Scala is a plus
Experience with Big Data systems using technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
Experience with database systems such as MySql, Postgres, Vertica
Flexible to work between 1 to 10PM IST