The AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
Are you one of the candidates that can join our technology center of excellence, become embedded in a global team and deliver results for our customer? We have an opportunity in our System Operations team.
The Systems Operations team at Xandr is responsible for supporting all production operations work for the company. The team is responsible for supporting thousands of servers across all the datacenters. We are also responsible for a number of infrastructure services like DNS, DHCP, NTP as well supporting applications such as Kubernetes, Puppet, Artifactory and many more. We are a passionate team that enjoys are work and is always looking for ways to innovate and incorporate the latest technology solutions into our work culture.
Key competencies & Skills:-
• 3+ years of Linux experience preferably in supporting Debian-based distributions such as Ubuntu.
• 3+ years of supporting Linux in a distributed systems environment.
• Strong understanding & writing scalable tools using scripting languages Python/Perl, OR Shell.
• Good understanding and working experience with Kubernetes and containers.
• Strong understanding in configuration management using Puppet or Ansible.
• understanding of building Debian packages from source, including creation of control and Make files.
• Good understanding of troubleshooting using tools such as tcpdump, wireshark and syslog.
• Familiarity with the JIRA tracking system.
• Good understanding of monitoring tools such as Nagios and Sensu/OpsGenie.
• Basic understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Stash.
• Basic understanding of configuring Kerberos and NGINX.
• Good to have understanding metrics aggregation tools such as graphite, prometheus, grafana.
• Familiarity with log management tool such as Splunk or SumoLogic is preferred.
• Candidates should be flexible to work on 24*7 shifts.
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.