BIFS (Billing, Invoicing, and Financial Systems) team at Xandr is responsible for clearing billions of dollars through the platform and accounting for every penny attributed to our buyers and sellers. This spans multiple domain areas like auction time pricing contracts, big data MR billing and clearing batch processing jobs, reporting and invoicing, and financial applications that integrate with ERP, financial institutions, data warehouse within Xandr, Salesforce systems, and other external vendors systems.
BIFS team is looking for a Sr. Associate Sw Test Engineer as an individual contributor to help drive and scale the billing and financial clearing systems at Xandr. The role requires technical prowess in or the ability to quickly learn a multitude of technologies. The engineer will work on-site, in Xandr's Bangalore office, in close collaboration with the engineers around the globe, transaction logic and data pipeline teams, product for commercial features, cross-functional teams like Salesforce, and stakeholders like finance.
- Review user stories and translate them into test plans and test cases
- Develop manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements
- Work with other teams on standards and best practices
- Execute test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software and log/track defects
- Help expand functional regression suites for the existing application
- Lead/participate in system implementation projects including but not limited to requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution.
- Understands all aspects of ERP (InfoR System) configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to billing/finance system release upgrades.
- Maintains a high-level familiarity with other IT system/business application capabilities and scope definition to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, maintenance, and support of ERP/Billing/Finance system environment.
- Continuously expand finance system knowledge and leverage new capabilities and features to meet business needs
- Coach and mentor peers and emerging members of the team while advocating for best practices.
As a QA Analyst, you will join an engineering team responsible for the architecture, development, administration, and maintenance of billing and finance applications and associated integrations. Clearinghouse system is critical to the success of our Client finance team and you'll play a key role in managing the quality of one of our most valuable technology assets.
- Design and develop reliable, scalable, and testable big data jobs, API's and applications
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team with diverse technology backgrounds.
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC, from design and development to deployment and maintenance.
- Work closely with product, stakeholders, and users
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree OR MS degree and 5+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- 3+ years of experience testing, administering, or developing software solutions with a strong understanding of testing best practices
- Experience in frameworks such as Selenium Web driver, Protractor, Cucumber, or equivalent
- Experience in automation tools such as Selenium, Cypress, or equivalent
- Experience in IDE tools such as Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, or equivalent
- Experience with authoring manual test plans and scripts
- Familiar with best practices for developing unit/functional test cases
- Experience in regression testing and integration testing
- Innovative problem solver with top-notch troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and exceptional time management and task execution skills
- Testing certification(s) is a plus
- Experience in CI/CD is a plus
- Experience with .Net/Azure or Java/Python application ecosystem is a plus
- Experience using a ticketing system such as JIRA
- Experience using a source control tracking system such as GIT or equivalent
- Experience with agile software development
- Flexible to work between 1 to 10 PM IST
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools