The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
Join Xandr company and help build the infrastructure that powers the buying and selling of digital media at massive scale.
As an Engineer on the Video and Tagging team, you will join a group of passionate Engineers that are specifically focused on helping publishers – any content creator with an ad-driven revenue model – thrive using our technology platform. We're proud of our collaborative, "get-stuff-done" environment. Every day we grapple with fascinating software architecture questions on a global platform that operates at massive scale. We want you to bring your creativity, passion, work ethic, and curiosity to bear to help us build tools and technology that drive publisher businesses.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Experience in unit testing and writing solid unit tests for all new features added to the codebase.
• Experience with version control systems such as GitHub (preferred) and the gitflow process
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, product management, open source community members, and other stakeholders
• Deploying software to production environments directly using automated deployment tools like Jenkins or Concourse
• Collaborating with product owners and client services to establish technical specs for engineering teams
• Collaborating with engineers in global locations effectively
• Consistently optimize and improve our systems, tools, and testing based on business & product requirements
• Review application performance & reliability metrics and take required actions & propose required improvements.
Key competencies and Skills:
• Good knowledge of software development best practices and methodologies
• Experience supporting production systems
• Experience with Web Services, RESTful Services and Web Programming and Node.js
• Possesses solid understanding of web development design (UI depth), web development (web services) and data processing & databases
• Adaptive & proactive to new setup & collaborations
• Effectively prioritizes and delivers immediate and maximum value to our clients and stake holders
• Strong collaborator and team focused
• Thrives on complex problems that require creative, possibly never even heard of solutions
• Understands the difference between good and bad code; values peer contributors and feedback
• Open for learning new technologies & skills and excels in learning these technologies (as necessary)
• Working knowledge of development tools – version control system (Git), unit test frameworks, build tools etc.
• Preferably some knowledge of: Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Databases (Oracle/SQL) & Big data tools – Hadoop/HDFS
Education and qualifications:
BA/BS /MS degree and with minimum of 5+ years of experience in software engineering OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Shifts:Flexible to work in 1 to 10PM IST