The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
About the Team.
Are you one of the candidates that can join our technology center of excellence, become embedded in a global team and deliver results for our customer? We have an opportunity in our Database Operation team.
Roles and Responsibilities.
The Data Operations team manages RDBMS and Big Data systems on thousands of servers across six global data centers. The team is responsible for support, upgrades, troubleshooting, performance tuning, maintenance and automation. We're technologists who love to tinker and innovate with technology.
Job Specification (Qualifications/Description)
- 3-6 years of strong experience of database administration with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- 2 years of experience with Oracle desired
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues with backup and restore operations, user access, data replication, connectivity and database performance
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization and related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience troubleshooting system issues with Linux operating systems
- 2 years of experience with scripting languages such as Unix shell, Python, Perl
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good technical documentation skills to create standard operating procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with international teams in multiple locations
- Ability to work with multiple database technologiesPreferred Skills:
- Experience with column-oriented DBMS such as Vertica
- Experience with key-value stores such as Aerospike, Redis
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as git and puppet
- Candidates should be flexible to work on 24*7 shifts
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools