The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
Xandr powers the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. We simplify the most sophisticated machine learning and data science capabilities to help our customers unlock their greatest potential. Our Data Platform team handles 12 billion transacted ad requests per day and 2-4 terabytes of data per hour. We are looking for Platform Support Engineers to provide support for our Data Platform applications and systems. In partnership with Senior/Staff Engineers, you will improve stability, availability and performance optimizations, in addition to improving the usability and maintainability of each application. You will also be expected to develop competency for most, if not all, technologies within the Data Platform, and will be the subject matter expert for applications they support. All core data platform applications at Xandr emphasize high performance, optimize map-reduce designs, and involve a plethora of technologies.
Roles & responsibilities
- Provide L1/L2 support on a shift basis by monitoring a pipeline of real-time products, and communicate with product owners
- With an excellent training, support nearly ten products and learn various technologies and advanced designs built into them
- Work with local team and engage with senior engineers across various products to resolve issues and expediate solutions
- With acquired experience and learning, eventually build scripts, programs and tools that would lead to L2/L3 tasks
- Contently interact with senior engineers and managers, and provide status, build metrics and dashboards, write root cause analysis, and suggest solution to improve process
- Gain proficiency with internal tools, job schedular and Hadoop environment and various opensource products
- Become a dependable engineer in matters of smooth functioning of Xandr’s data platform and services
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience
- While candidate with previous work experience is preferred, fresh CS/Engineering graduate with good communication skills and understanding of server-side technology, or good training / exposure to Unix, Database and Bigdata areas will be considered
- Interest in very large set of data and associated technologies
- Experience in supporting large application systems, or knowledge of how Data Pipeline, ETL, Messaging and Reporting work
- Experience in SQL is preferred
- Prior experience in troubleshooting and assisting with root cause analysis is a plus
- Some programming experience or an understanding of languages like Java / Python / .NET / Shell Scripting is a plus
- Experience working with or leading offshore support teams is a plus
- Experience with any combination of our tool stack is preferred:
(Cloudera/Azure/Kafka/Hadoop/HBase/ Ab Initio / Vertica / MapReduce )
- Flexible to work in 24*7 shifts
More About You:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching.
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You are someone who has a critic’s eye toward what is lacking and shy of good; and can put spit & polish on to something rough.
- You love efficiency and but not a fan of short cuts and prefer to spend more now if it pays off going forward.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tool