The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
About the Job:
• Drive stability and reliability improvements through proactive engineering
• Work with world-class high frequency, low latency design experts to perform in-depth analysis and optimization of data pipeline components to ensure smooth execution within strict time and resource limitations
• Work closely with Level-1 support team to provide mentorship and solve problems
• Explore and discover the depths of the designs and frameworks employed in the Data Platform
• Perform testing and validation for new releases
• Focus on stability, manageability, monitoring/alerting aspects of all Data Platform functions to strive for low-touch quality operations.
• Be the point of escalation for Level-1 support in troubleshooting and addressing outage situations.
• Make judgement call on whether to resolve a outage problem or escalate to Level-3 engineers.
• Help with post-mortems and remediations on any outage situation.
• Drive deployment of new releases and update run-books as necessary for Level-1 support team.
About your skills and experience:
• BA/BS/MS degree and 5-8 years of experience (degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
• Passion for data and technology
• Experience in Object Oriented programming language/framework (Java, C++, .NET)
• Experience supporting large and/or complex application systems
• Experience Data Platform or Data Pipeline applications
• Experience with data centric applications and environments (DBMS/HDFS, ETL, Messaging, DW, Reporting)
• Good SQL knowledge
• Hands-on experience with Hadoop and Opensource Big Data tech
• Experience Team Lead and Tech Lead for offshore support teams
• Experience with any combination of our tool stack is a plus:
(Cloudera, PHP, Java, C, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase, Abinitio, React/Redux, Mapped/Reduced, Protobuf, Presto, Vertica, SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, MySql)
Flexible to work in 1 to 10PM IST
More about you:
You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
You are someone who has a critic’s eye toward what is lacking and shy of good; and can put spit & polish on to something rough.
You love efficiency and but not a fan of short cuts and prefer to spend more now if it pays off going forward.
You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools