Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join an Engineering team responsible for the architecture, development, administration, maintenance, and support of Warner Media's Advertising Integration Platform (Ad-IP). You will be involved in critical components of Warner Media's advertising business, including ad targeting, sales support, campaign management, audience creation and management, measurement and reporting, billing, privacy compliance, and other miscellaneous facets of the business. The culture is fast-paced with rapidly evolving requirements that match the industry it supports. This position requires someone with a passion for learning that can adapt quickly, communicate well, and enjoys working in a diverse team.
- Communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and verbally, in one-on-one and group presentation situations.
- Technical Design lead / coordination between developers, analysts and clients
- Author wiki-based design documents and operational run guides.
- Develop automated unit test suites, perform system testing activities.
- Investigate and optimize software performance.
- Providing tier II operational support for deployed solutions.
- Work within an Agile Scrum or Kanban process.
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed.
- Identify opportunities for application optimization, redesign, or development within the platform. This may include assisting in the investigation of new technologies and running POCs.
- Mentor Junior software engineers/new team members
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical lead position
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience in the advertising industry is desirable
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor's degree, or comparable experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with good analytical skills
- Experience with Python, Java and Unix shell programming languages
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Experience with CICD methodology
- Experience with ETL and API design patterns
- API Development: Microservices, SOAP, REST
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
- Development Frameworks: Flask, WSGI
- Databases: Oracle, MariaDB/MySQL, Snowflake, Redis, DynamoDB
- Standards: OAuth, OIDC
- Process: SAFe Agile, Onsite-Offshore model working experience
- Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure
- Some in office presence required
- Location preferred: New Jersey
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.