Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
About the job
This role will be based in Amsterdam with once a month travel to Frankfurt, Germany.
Xandr is looking for a Senior Datacenter Technician who will be responsible for installation, power-up, cabling, repair and maintenance of server and network equipment. Xandr infrastructure consists of 7x24x365 production network. The infrastructure includes Juniper QFX & MX class routers, Juniper EX class switches and Arista 7800 / 7500 / 72xx / 7050 / 7160 class switches. Service delivery infrastructure includes 10000+ Linux servers, NAS storage systems, data warehouse appliances/subsystems and other similar systems in six datacenters across the globe.
- Follow established procedures regarding all aspects of server and network equipment maintenance, installation and removal
- Assist in creation and documentation of new processes regarding migrations, expansions and aspects of day-to-day activities regarding equipment maintenance, installation and removal
- Physically install and de-install server and networking equipment, cabling, optics and configurations
- Work with equipment vendors as required to diagnose and repair faulty equipment
- Order replacement parts and coordinate/document RMAs
- Work closely with other support teams to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Perform maintenance activities as directed through the ticketing system or by senior staff members and teams (some maintenance will occur overnight or on the weekends)
- Ensure that the configuration database is accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure that the floor plans are accurate and up-to-date and that we are in compliance to our power allotment
- Ability to work in a remote data center while managing incoming work flow and prioritizing tasks
- Take constant inventory of datacenter consumables and order stock as necessary
- 4 plus years of experience as a Datacenter Technician
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or MIS is a plus
- Excellent ability to read and understand network diagrams
- Excellent and proven troubleshooting skills with server and network hardware
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ethernet cabling techniques and troubleshooting, including familiarity with EIA/TIA 568A & 568B standards and structured cabling technologies
- Knowledge of fiber optic technologies and troubleshooting, including single mode and multimode 62.5µm and 50µm and various connector types
- Server hardware installation and maintenance experience
- Network device installation and maintenance experience
- Dell certification, or a minimum of one year of experience installing and repairing rack mount servers in a lights-out datacenter environment
- Familiarity with AC power cabling (end user experience) – 100-400 VAC, single phase 120 / 208 VAC, three phase 400VAC
- Strong commitment and drive to deliver high-quality service to all customers, regardless of whether they are internal or external
- Possess a valid, unencumbered, driver’s license
- Possess a valid passport
- Ability to lift and install equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 25-50% of the time).
- Network administration experience is a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with UNIX/Linux is a plus
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.